Burlington Spectator

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Burlington Spectator

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1986 - 1988

History

The Burlington Spectator was published as a section of the Hamilton Spectator [Ontario, Canada] between 8 September 1986 and February 1988. Its launch on 8 September 1986 followed the takeover and closing of the Burlington Gazette which had been published since 1896. Originally published six days a week, the Burlington section began to appear less frequently. Its office at 534 Brant Street was closed in 1988 and remaining staff moved to the Spectator offices in Hamilton.

Places

Burlington, ON

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Hamilton Spectator

Identifier of the related entity

BHS0002

Category of the relationship

associative

Type of relationship

Hamilton Spectator is the provider of Burlington Spectator

Dates of the relationship

1986 - 1988

Description of relationship

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

BHS0003

Institution identifier

ON00034

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC