One home movie made by the Stevens family after a cave-in. All mining portions of the film have been lost. Remaining scenes include;
Sir Alfred Pickford inspects Sudbury District Boy Scouts 0:00 Rotary and Lion’s Clubs entertain Sir Alfred Pickford 0:04 Boys of Sacred Heart College and the Children of St. Aloyisus School and St. Thomas 0:08 (Golfing) 2:27 (Baseball at Sacred Heart College) 4:08 Circus Day in Sudbury 4:37 “Belrock the home of W. J. Bell.” 6:34 (Downtown) 7:44 Sudbury Churches, street scenes, the Court House and Fire Department, showing the new motor pumper 8:41 (Nurses with babies, May 1926) 10:24 A fine bunch of babies – maybe you know ‘em 11:50 Sudbury Baby Clinic in charge of V.O.N. nurses – Miss Aylward and Miss Lemke 11:53 “R. T. Stevens and Family, Sunday, June 13th, 1926” 11:58 (Dam) 14:48 (Firemen jumping from window into net ) 15:20 (Children playing on street, with dog and wagon) 15:40 (Firemen going down pole) 15:48 (Firemen with trucks) 15:54 (Firemen hosing building) 16:18 (Firemen climbing ladders to window) 16:54 (Firemen jumping from window into net) 17:24
Item consists of a typewritten, annotated paper, written in the format of a speech, which was most likely presented to the group at one of their monthly meetings. The paper outlines the growth and development of Chelmsford, Ontario during that time period (1950's) and focuses on such events as the laying of new roads, the creation of a new sewage system, the opening of new subdivisions, improvements to the local churches and the work being done by local groups and sports teams, such as the Lion's Club, the Women's Institute, the Girl Guides and the high school hockey team.
Item is a five page, typewritten paper by Rose Cvitkovich on the history of Chelmsford, Ontario between 1882 and 1952. The paper covers the first settlers in Chelmsford, the history of the Catholic Church in that parish as well as the history of two short-lived Protestant churches and touches on prominent individuals within the community, such as Raphael Groulx, the first mayor; Elzear Belanger, the first merchant and post master; Hugh Gratton, post master; and Dr. Rodolphe Tanguay, general practitioner. Prominent women mentioned within the essay include church decorators Mrs. D. Seguin, Mrs. Raphael Groulx and Mrs. Clement Methe.