Stuk 2 - Tweedsmuir Village History: For Home and Country Chelmsford Women's Institute Scrapbook - 2

Identificatie

referentie code

ON00120 036-1-1-2

Titel

Tweedsmuir Village History: For Home and Country Chelmsford Women's Institute Scrapbook - 2

Datum(s)

  • 1883 - 1978 (Vervaardig)

Beschrijvingsniveau

Stuk

Omvang en medium

0.09 m of textual records and graphic material

Context

Naam van de archiefvormer

archiefbewaarplaats

Geschiedenis van het archief

Directe bron van verwerving of overbrenging

Inhoud en structuur

Bereik en inhoud

Item consists of a scrapbook made by the Chelmsford Women's Institute. The scrapbook is divided up into the Origin of Chelmsford; The First Pioneers; St. Joseph's Church (1891 - 1950); Other Churches in the Chelmsford Community; The Presbytery & Cannon (the cannon originally protected the Church of St. Eustache in Quebec during the Papineau War and was located in the 1950's on the lawn in front of the presbytery on the corner of Main and Errington); The Presbytery(1897-1950, new rectory completed 1907) ; St. Joseph's Cemetery; The Municipality of Chelmsford (est 1890 and in 1901 separated from Balfour to become incorporated as a town. The first mayor of the Town of Chelmsford was Raphael Grouix. On January 25, 1915, council passed a motion that all future council meeting minutes be written in French. This section also includes a list of Mayors in Chelmsford from 1901 - 1956); The Chelmsford Parish Hall; The Teachers Federation Group; Hull Bridge; the Grotto of the Convent; The League of the Sacred Heart (est 1957); the Ladies of Sainte Anne (est 1906); the Children of Mary (est 1906); the Religious Order of the Grey Nuns of the Cross; History of St. Joseph's School (1889 - 1958); Ore Discoveries & the History of Nickel; Chelmsford Missionary Priests and Resident Priests (1883 - 1950); Errington Mine; Names of the men who enlisted in the Second World War from the Chelmsford Parish; Electricity in Chelmsford (est November 1947); the Water Works Project in Chelmsford (est 1948); Fire Protection (Fire Brigade est 1949); The Chelmsford Fish and Game Protective Association (est spring of 1949); Azilda (originally named Rayside by CPR but changed by Joseph Belanger to Azilda after his wife); Morgan (bought by American lumbermen George Morgan and James Craig on September 16, 1885); and Larchwood. The final section of the scrapbook is devoted to newspaper clippings concerning local news and events, including agricultural news, important visitors to the area and the activities of the Chelmsford Women's Institute along with a photograph of the members of the Chelmsford Women's Institute at their Fall Tea and Fashion Show on October 13, 1956. Tucked against the back cover of the scrapbook is a picture of Lord and Lady Tweedsmuir along with various newspaper clippings including the obituary of George Cvitkovich (ca.1907-1978), husband of Rose Cvitkovich, Convener of Historical Research for the Chelmsford Women's Institute, who compiled the scrapbooks.

Waardering, vernietiging en slectie

Aanvullingen

Ordeningstelsel

Voorwaarden voor toegang en gebruik

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging

Voorwaarden voor reproductie

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Taal en schrift aantekeningen

Fysieke eigenschappen en technische eisen

Toegangen

Verwante materialen

Bestaan en verblifplaats van originelen

Bestaan en verblijfplaats van kopieën

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Aantekeningen

Alternative identifier(s)

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beschrijvingsbeheer

Identificatie van de beschrijving

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Toegepaste regels en/of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Verwijdering van datering archiefvorming

Taal (talen)

Schrift(en)

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places

Bergplaats

  • Ponskaartendoos: C-022