Collection C35-40 - Wilfrid Laurier University blueprint collection

Original Digital object not accessible

Área de identificação

Código de referência

CA ON00362 C35-40

Título

Wilfrid Laurier University blueprint collection

Data(s)

  • 1923 - 2008 (Creation)

Nível de descrição

Collection

Dimensão e suporte

102 sets of blueprints

Área de contextualização

Nome do produtor

(1973-)

História administrativa

In 1910 the Canada Synod and Synod of Central Canada of the Lutheran Church entered into an agreement to establish a Lutheran Seminary. Though the location first proposed for the Seminary was Toronto, Waterloo was selected when its citizens offered a tract of land on the boundary of the town. The choice of location was further influenced by the fact that the majority of Lutherans in Ontario lived in the vicinity of Waterloo and Berlin (Kitchener). In 1911 the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada opened its doors.

Facilities for pre-theological education were established in 1914 with courses leading to senior matriculation given in Waterloo College School.

In 1924 the Waterloo College of Arts, providing courses in post-secondary education in a four year program, was established. In 1925 the Faculty of Arts, under the name of Waterloo College, affiliated with the University of Western Ontario. Waterloo College soon began to offer honours degree programs in the arts.

The affiliation with the University of Western Ontario ended in 1960 when the Seminary obtained a revised charter changing the name of the institution to Waterloo Lutheran University.

On November 1, 1973, Waterloo Lutheran University became Wilfrid Laurier University, one of Ontario's provincially assisted universities after Bill 178 was given Royal Assent by the Lieutenant Governor (and former Waterloo Lutheran University Chancellor) William Ross Macdonald.

In September 1999, Laurier opened a campus in Brantford, Ontario.

Entidade custodiadora

História do arquivo

Procedência

Área de conteúdo e estrutura

Âmbito e conteúdo

The fonds consists of blueprints for construction, additions and renovations for Wilfrid Laurier University and its institutional predecessors.

Avaliação, selecção e eliminação

Ingressos adicionais

Further accruals are expected.

Sistema de arranjo

Área de condições de acesso e uso

Condições de acesso

Open

Condiçoes de reprodução

Idioma do material

  • inglês

Script do material

Notas ao idioma e script

Características físicas e requisitos técnicos

Área de documentação associada

Existência e localização de originais

Existência e localização de cópias

Unidades de descrição relacionadas

Descrições relacionadas

Área de notas

Nota

Title taken from contents of the fonds.

Identificador(es) alternativos

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso de assunto

Pontos de acesso local

Ponto de acesso nome

Pontos de acesso de gênero

Área de controle da descrição

Identificador da descrição

Identificador da instituição

Regras ou convenções utilizadas

Status

Nível de detalhamento

Datas de criação, revisão, eliminação

Idioma(s)

Sistema(s) de escrita(s)

Fontes

Digital object (Master) área de direitos

Digital object (Reference) área de direitos

Digital object (Thumbnail) área de direitos

Zona da incorporação

Assuntos relacionados

Pessoas e organizações relacionadas

Gêneros relacionados

Lugares relacionados