Women's College Hospital. Department of Anaesthesia

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Women's College Hospital. Department of Anaesthesia

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1914 -

History

The Department of Anaesthesia of Women's College Hospital was formally established in 1914 under Dr. Margaret McCallum-Johnston, a graduate of the Ontario Medical College for Women, predecessor to Women’s College Hospital. Dr. McCallum-Johnston (1914-1935) held the position of Chief of Anaesthesia until 1935 and was then followed by Dr. Hannah Reid (1926-1931) and Dr. Ellen Blatchford (1931-1956); Dr. Evelyn Bateman (1956-1972); Dr. Edith Rogoman (1972-1982); Dr. Bronwen Gates (1982-1988) and Dr. Jean Kronberg (1988- ). In 1969, the Department of Anaesthesia was officially affiliated with the University of Toronto. The Department remains one of Women's College Hospital's first and longest running medical departments.

Places

Toronto

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

WCH004

Institution identifier

ON00365

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC