Women's College Hospital. Department of Anatomic Pathology

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Women's College Hospital. Department of Anatomic Pathology

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

2006 -

History

The Department of Anatomic Pathology of Women's College Hospital was officially established in 2006. In 1920, pathology was part of the Department of Laboratories under Dr. Vivian Marvin Laughlen (1920-1945) as the Chief of Laboratories. Dr. Laughlen was followed by Dr. Eva Mader MacDonald (1945-1952); Dr. Alice Gray (1952-1980) and Dr. Ali H. Qizilbash (1980-1981). In 1981 the Department of Laboratories was divided into 2 new departments: the Department of Clinical Laboratories and the Department of Pathology. In 1981 Dr. Lynn From (1981-1992) was appointed Chief of Pathology, followed by Dr. Weded Hanna in 1992 (1992- ). In 2006 the Department of Pathology was divided into 2 new departments: Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology.

Places

Toronto

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

WCH003

Institution identifier

ON00365

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC