Women's College Hospital. Department of Family and Community Medicine

Área de identificação

tipo de entidade

Corporate body

Forma autorizada do nome

Women's College Hospital. Department of Family and Community Medicine

Forma(s) paralela(s) de nome

Formas normalizadas do nome de acordo com outras regras

Outra(s) forma(s) de nome

identificadores para entidades coletivas

área de descrição

Datas de existência

1956 -

Histórico

The Department of Family and Community Medicine was established at Women’s College Hospital in 1956. The Department operates the Family Practice Health Centre, an ambulatory care unit. In 1964, Dr. Jean Davey, Chief of Medicine, introduced a family practice teaching unit within the Department of Family and Community Medicine to train family physicians. In 1956, Dr. Bette Stephenson (1956-1965) was appointed the Department's first Family-Physician-in-Chief. She was followed by Dr. Shanna Gimbert (1965-1969); Dr. Marjorie Swanson (1969-1972); Dr. Yvonne deBuda; Dr. Hollister King (1982-1992) and Dr. James Ruderman (1992- ). Today, the Department continues to operate the Family Practice Health Centre at Women's College Hospital which provides care for women and men of all age groups. It is one of the largest clinics in Ontario, providing more than 54,000 visits per year to patients.

Locais

Toronto

Estado Legal

funções, ocupações e atividades

Mandatos/Fontes de autoridade

Estruturas internas/genealogia

Contexto geral

Área de relacionamento

Área de ponto de acesso

Pontos de acesso de assunto

Pontos de acesso local

Ocupações

Área de controle

Identificador de autoridade arquivística de documentos

WCH001

Identificador da instituição

ON00365

Regras ou convenções utilizadas

Status

Nível de detalhamento

Datas de criação, revisão e eliminação

Idioma(s)

  • inglês

Sistema(s) de escrita(s)

Fontes

Notas de manutenção

  • Área de Transferência

  • Exportar

  • EAC

Assuntos relacionados

Lugares relacionados