Women's College Hospital. Department of Medical Imaging

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Women's College Hospital. Department of Medical Imaging

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • The Department of Radiology of Women's College Hospital

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1920 -

History

The Department of Radiology of Women's College Hospital was established in 1920 under the hospital's first radiologist Dr. Elizabeth L. Stewart (1920-1954). Following Dr. Stewart, Dr. Elizabeth Forbes (1955-1975) was appointed the next Radiologist-in-Chief in 1955 and was followed by Dr. Terrance P. Connor (1975-1988), Dr. Eve Fishnell (1988-1996) and Dr. Katherine Fong (1997-1999). In 1990 the Department of Radiology was expanded to include a newly formed Division of Nuclear Medicine. In 1995 the department was renamed the Department of Medical Imaging and was reorganized to include a Division of Radiology & Ultrasound. In 2006, Dr. Alan Moody was appointed Radiologist-in-Chief of the Department of Medical Imaging.

Places

Toronto

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

WCH010

Institution identifier

ON00365

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC