Women's College Hospital. Division of Ophthalmology

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Women's College Hospital. Division of Ophthalmology

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1914 -

History

The Division of Ophthalmology began at Women's College Hospital in the 1910s as a weekly eye clinic held in the Outpatient Department. In 1941, a Department of Ophthalmology was formally established with Dr. Mary Albertson (1941-1969) as its Chief. In the late 1950s the Department of Ophthalmology was re-established as a division of the Department of Surgery. Today, the Division of Ophthalmology is still active at Women's College Hospital.

Places

Toronto

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

WCH005

Institution identifier

ON00365

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC