Gallery Moos

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Gallery Moos

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1959 -

History

Gallery Moos was opened by Walter Moos in May 1959 at the corner of Avenue Road and Davenport Road in Toronto. Early in 1963 it moved to Yorkville Avenue, becoming one of the first arrivals in what was to become a significant gallery district of the city, and subsequently prospered there for some 30 years. In July 1992 the gallery moved to its current location at 622 Richmond Street West.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Moos, Walter, 1926- (1926 -)

Identifier of the related entity

AGO00223

Category of the relationship

associative

Dates of the relationship

1959 -

Description of relationship

Walter Moos founded Gallery Moos in 1959

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

AGOAC00222

Maintained by

Institution identifier

ON00012

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Revised

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC