The Department of Anatomic Pathology of Women's College Hospital was officially established in 2006. In 1920, pathology was part of the Department of Laboratories under Dr. Vivian Marvin Laughlen (1920-1945) as the Chief of Laboratories. Dr. Laughlen was followed by Dr. Eva Mader MacDonald (1945-1952); Dr. Alice Gray (1952-1980) and Dr. Ali H. Qizilbash (1980-1981). In 1981 the Department of Laboratories was divided into 2 new departments: the Department of Clinical Laboratories and the Department of Pathology. In 1981 Dr. Lynn From (1981-1992) was appointed Chief of Pathology, followed by Dr. Weded Hanna in 1992 (1992- ). In 2006 the Department of Pathology was divided into 2 new departments: Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology.