CA ON00365 WCH-OPH
Women's College Hospital. Division of Ophthalmology fonds
- 1950-1978 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
5 cm of textual records
Name of creator
The Division of Ophthalmology began at Women's College Hospital in the 1910s as a weekly eye clinic held in the Outpatient Department. In 1941, a Department of Ophthalmology was formally established with Dr. Mary Albertson (1941-1969) as its Chief. In the late 1950s the Department of Ophthalmology was re-established as a division of the Department of Surgery. Today, the Division of Ophthalmology is still active at Women's College Hospital.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Fonds consists of the records of the Division of Ophthalmology of Women's College Hospital from 1950-1978. Fonds contains minutes, annual reports and correspondence. Fonds is comprised of the following series: OPH-1 Annual reports of the Division of Ophthalmology OPH-2 Minutes of the Section of Ophthalmology OPH-3 Correspondence of the Division of Ophthalmology
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
Further accruals are expected.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Open to researchers subject to the requirements of Ontario’s Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA) and Women’s College Hospital research policies. Please contact the Archivist for further information.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Finding aid is available upon request.