Women's College Hospital. Department of Family and Community Medicine

Zone d'identification

Type d'entité

Collectivité

Forme autorisée du nom

Women's College Hospital. Department of Family and Community Medicine

forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom

Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions

Autre(s) forme(s) du nom

Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités

Zone de description

Dates d’existence

1956 -

Historique

The Department of Family and Community Medicine was established at Women’s College Hospital in 1956. The Department operates the Family Practice Health Centre, an ambulatory care unit. In 1964, Dr. Jean Davey, Chief of Medicine, introduced a family practice teaching unit within the Department of Family and Community Medicine to train family physicians. In 1956, Dr. Bette Stephenson (1956-1965) was appointed the Department's first Family-Physician-in-Chief. She was followed by Dr. Shanna Gimbert (1965-1969); Dr. Marjorie Swanson (1969-1972); Dr. Yvonne deBuda; Dr. Hollister King (1982-1992) and Dr. James Ruderman (1992- ). Today, the Department continues to operate the Family Practice Health Centre at Women's College Hospital which provides care for women and men of all age groups. It is one of the largest clinics in Ontario, providing more than 54,000 visits per year to patients.

Lieux

Toronto

Statut légal

Fonctions et activités

Textes de référence

Organisation interne/Généalogie

Contexte général

Zone des relations

Zone des points d'accès

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Occupations

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de notice d'autorité

WCH001

Entretenu par

Identifiant du service d'archives

ON00365

Règles et/ou conventions utilisées

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue(s)

  • anglais

Écriture(s)

Sources

Notes de maintenance

  • Presse-papier

  • Exporter

  • EAC

Sujets associés

Lieux associés