Women's College Hospital. Department of Family and Community Medicine

Identificatie

Soort entiteit

Instelling

Geauthoriseerde naam

Women's College Hospital. Department of Family and Community Medicine

Parallelle vormen van de naam

Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.

Aandere naamsvormen

Identificatiecode voor organisaties

Beschrijving

Bestaansperiode

1956 -

Geschiedenis

The Department of Family and Community Medicine was established at Women’s College Hospital in 1956. The Department operates the Family Practice Health Centre, an ambulatory care unit. In 1964, Dr. Jean Davey, Chief of Medicine, introduced a family practice teaching unit within the Department of Family and Community Medicine to train family physicians. In 1956, Dr. Bette Stephenson (1956-1965) was appointed the Department's first Family-Physician-in-Chief. She was followed by Dr. Shanna Gimbert (1965-1969); Dr. Marjorie Swanson (1969-1972); Dr. Yvonne deBuda; Dr. Hollister King (1982-1992) and Dr. James Ruderman (1992- ). Today, the Department continues to operate the Family Practice Health Centre at Women's College Hospital which provides care for women and men of all age groups. It is one of the largest clinics in Ontario, providing more than 54,000 visits per year to patients.

Plaatsen

Toronto

Rechtsvorm

Functies, beroepen en activiteiten

Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid

Interne structuren / genealogie

Algemene context

relaties

Access points area

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Occupations

Beheer

Authority record identifier

WCH001

Maintained by

Identificatiecode van de instelling

ON00365

Toegepaste regels en/of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal (talen)

  • Engels

Schrift(en)

Bronnen

Onderhoudsaantekeningen

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places